With its idyllic seaside location and beautiful scenery, Huntington Beach seems like the perfect, peaceful haven. While it is true that homeowners here enjoy the ocean view and warm weather year-round, they still must deal with occasional worries like a slab leak. Cali’s Choice Plumbing & Restoration is available around-the-clock, any day of the week – we have the experience and resources needed to carry out any slab leak repair Huntington Beach.
When your home appears to have a leak beneath one of its concrete slabs, you can address this issue quickly and efficiently by contacting us to make the needed repairs.
What is a Slab Leak?
Many homes have hot and cold water lines that run underneath their concrete foundations. When one of the lines breaks and leaks, this results in a slab leak. A slab leak can be small and seemingly inconsequential; it can also be quite large and damaging. Regardless of the size of the Huntington Beach slab leak, it is crucial that you repair it as soon as possible. Doing so will avoid more extensive damage to your property.
The repair itself tends to be relatively straightforward. The most challenging aspect involves finding out where the leak is occurring under the concrete slab. Once we detect the leak, the concrete must be cut into and removed – work that is best carried out by professionals. We have the tools and experience to find the leak and repair it quickly.
What Causes a Slab Leak?
A number of factors can cause a leak to occur beneath the concrete foundation. Huntington Beach slab leak tend to be caused by:
- Corrosion: Corrosion is the result of a chemical reaction between the water and the line buried within the soil beneath the slab. Corrosion most often happens in copper and galvanized pipes. It creates holes in the water lines, causing water pressure in the home to decrease.
- Vibrations: As water runs through the lines, the pipe itself will expand and contract from the water’s temperature and also vibrate from the movement of the running water. The vibration causes the line to rub against other lines in the soil or any materials that surround it. The rubbing then causes the line to break.
- Poor construction: Lines that are installed incorrectly or improperly insulated are prone to breaks and damages.
Slab Leak Symptoms
It is important that you know the symptoms of a slab leak. These signs include:
- Sound of running water despite the taps and faucets being turned off
- Warm spots on the floor in the home
- Cracks in the walls and floors (caused by the slab shifting)
- Mildew or mold under the home’s carpeting
- Higher than normal water bills
Slab Leak Remedies
It is vital that you take prompt action to start a slab leak repair Huntington Beach. Our Huntington Beach plumber can identify where the leak is and fix it quickly to save you money. Cali’s Choice Plumbing & Restoration is insurance-approved and available 24 hours, every day of the week. Call us now!